Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Why Do Men Cheat?


  
   I know this is an overused question. A topic which have been the subject of various debates and a favorite plot for movies, soap operas, and novels. But I still find it mind-boggling why some men despite having seemingly perfect family lives manage to go astray. This is one topic I can relate to because it almost tore my family apart. I remember the pain it caused among us siblings seeing our parents drifting apart. Luckily, they never separated and though the trauma and pain eased through time, it will never be totally erased and is forever etched in our memories. Good times may come to the family but the stigma of cheating always lurks behind, ready to strike back and spoil precious family moments. 

   Just last night, I became an unwilling accomplice to the philandering ways of my boss. I know that he has a way with women and I have been privy to his wild past. I am a personal witness to how he transformed into a responsible and loving family man. But last night changed all that and I feel so guilty because I am in good relations with his wife and five loving children (soon to be six as the wife is pregnant). It's just not right watching him flirt with another woman while I picture his happy family on my mind.

   Anyways, I did a little research on the reasons why men cheat. See if you agree with some of the points presented:

1. She ain’t what she used to be.

Like Adam, the typical man can’t resist the temptation of riper fruit, especially if the woman in his life has let herself go.

2. No one loves a ball buster.

Perhaps nothing will drive a married man into the arms of another woman faster than a nagging wife.
 

3. She just doesn’t “get” me.

Men who cheat say they don’t feel understood by their mate. But it’s not always the woman. Mostly they’re either angry or afraid to connect.

4. It’s the thrill.

Most guys who have affairs are getting in touch with their inner caveman: They like to play with fire. “It adds a level of danger and danger adds to the excitement.” 

5. Blame it on the “hunter.”

Often, married men who cheat can’t quite explain their motivation. They just find themselves compelled to bust out of their day-to-day routine in search of something new. It’s a primitive instinct that dates back to their role as hunter and gatherer – only this time, they’re hunting and gathering new women. 

6. Biology, baby.

It’s their biological nature to be with as many females as possible.

7. It’s just sex.

For most guys, sex and love are two entirely different things.

8. Not tonight, dear. 

Let’s face it. Men want more sex than women. 

9. Because we can.

OK, they’re guys, remember? It’s hard to resist temptation, especially when it’s at their fingertips.

   As for women, you're culprits as well because it takes two to tango and never forget that you are descendants of Eve, the world's first temptress. Besides, I won't blame you if you seduce and get seduced especially if they're as hot as this man ...(very hot pics after the jump):  







 

 See what I mean? *wink*

     
 credits: The Lifescript Editorial Staff

 

2 comments: