Sunday, March 20, 2011

Farewell John Apacible


   I was shocked and saddened to hear the news that movie and tv actor John Apacible was shot dead by his uncle after a heated argument while in a middle of a drinking session. I'm still in denial that his life could end in such a tragic way. Unknown to everyone, John and I used to be Facebook friends and have exchanged a few messages before his account got closed due to hacking. Throughout our brief exchanges, I have come to know the real person behind that macho and sexy image he projects. Beneath his tough exterior lies a soft and gentle side. Someone who's humble, funny, and a loyal family guy. I wish I could share to you the exchanges we had but I cannot for the simple reason of preserving my anonymity. But here's John's last words to me:
    And this was the stolen shot I took when he visited Boracay in summer of 2010. Who would have thought it would be my last time to see and hear from him. 

   
   Farewell my dear friend. It was nice knowing you. God bless your soul and may you rest in peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment